Yep, today marks exactly 8 weeks since I was sliced open just before Christmas. While much has improved with my busted shoulder, plenty hasn’t and there’s still a long way to go. And if I ever forget, well, each of these things remind me pretty quickly and often bring a tear to my eye.
Things that still hurt 8 weeks post surgery:
- Getting out of bed
- Using the handbrake
- Sitting upright for extended periods of time
- Putting in eye drops (long story, just trust me)
- Trying to swim – possibly the dumbest idea I’ve had so far
- Tearing plastics bags off the roll in the fruit & veg department
- Dropping things – anything – due to the instant reflex to try and catch them. Agony.
- Sudden movements, especially when my kids hide behind the door and scare the beejaysus out of me
- Opening/closing the car boot
- Putting on/taking off polo shirts (of which I own many)
- Doing physio – it may be doing me good, but it’s not a lot of fun.
And for some more sobering news, I just had a look at the ‘Fitness’ and ‘Fatigue’ data in my Strava account. Apparently I’m pretty much at my lowest ebb since March 2012. Brilliant 😦